Struggling with what to put in your media kit? Don’t even know where to start?
Media Kit Smash walks you through making a professional, informative media kit that gives potential partners exactly what they’re looking for.
What's the Course Include?
With Media Kit Smash, you’ll learn:
- The basic components of a solid media kit (and how many pages are a perfect size for any blog)
- How to create the perfect bio, with prompts to kickstart your writing
- Whether you should write your media kit in first or third person
- Must-have stats to include… and additional ones to use when your audience is small
- How to gather information that gives brands a clear picture of your audience
- Showcasing your sponsor and advertising opportunities (and which details get too nitty gritty)
- Why you should build credibility with testimonials and how to ask for them
- The one thing missing from many media kits (and how to fix it)
I know not everyone has fancy software like Adobe InDesign… and you don’t have to! In this course, you’ll make a beautiful, professional media kit in Canva, then convert it to a PDF for your finished media kit.
In this self-paced class, you’ll get:
In addition to all that awesomeness, you get three pretty dang slick bonuses.
- Get a personalized critique on your media kit. Just email it to me when you're done and I'll offer any suggestions on how to make it even better.
- Pricing Guide for Sponsored Content. The ladies at Businessese provided this exclusive worksheet to help you figure out how much you should be charging.
- E-Book of influencers' tips on using your media kit and pitching brands. Get insight from influencers such as Amy from Mom Spark, Amiyrah from 4 Hats and Frugal, and Katy Widrick from KatyWidrick.com
What Could My Finished Kit Look Like?
InDesign templates are available for download too! If you are COMFORTABLE with InDesign, then these are for you! If you've never used InDesign or aren't familiar with the program, then stick with Canva as no InDesign instruction is given.
- A Canva account (it's free!)- no experience necessary
- A tool installed to capture analytics (Google Analytics, Statcounter, Clicky)
This course wasn’t created to convince you that you need a media kit or tell you how to pitch to brands. It WILL walk you step-by-step through a media kit that will knock the pants anyone you send it to (metaphorically of course).
Get started on your Media Kit now, girl!
Enroll now to get instant access to all modules. You'll be able to finish your media kit in a week or less!
Learn the right things to say (coming from someone who works for a brand), how to make your media kit easy on the eyes, AND how to finish strong so contacts are reaching out to you to find out more. Let's do this!
Well hey there. I’m Mel, side hustler and marketing pro. Author of Blog Design for Dummies. And creator of this course.
As a marketer for over 17 years (and a blogger for 8 of them), I know how to build and plan content that reaches the right audience and turns them into raving fans. For the last five years, I’ve been the Social Media Strategist at Burt’s Bees (yes, it’s as fun as it sounds).
Back in 2010, I was a year into blogging just as a hobby. It was a “mom blog,” but once a week I’d share tips for bloggers. Turns out my readers cared more about that than the adventures with my kids!
Then… I got laid off. At that point, I took the leap to start Blog Clarity, turning my professional experience into actionable, can-do strategies, tips, and tutorials for peeps like you.